This Fine Art course from Nottingham Trent University will prepare you for the rigours of contemporary practice as both an artist and researcher. Successful completion of this course will give you grounding to progress to PhD study, or our Professional Doctorate course.
You may choose to study two year full-time, or three years part-time.
- Dedicate yourself to the studio, focusing and exploring your practice
- Work with the arts community in Nottingham to widen your practice and professional network
- Take part in a programme of professional practice, including career development planning and professional work experience
- Be supported by staff who are practicing artists in their own right. * Benefit from our extensive links with festivals, arts organisations and artists’ groups locally, nationally and internationally, including our own Bonington Gallery
- Benefit from working in a close-knit community; with just ten places available per cohort, the MFA offers great opportunities to forge strong working relationships with academic staff, technicians and fellow students
- Opportunity to go on study trips both in the UK and abroad, to locations including Berlin and New York
- Have the opportunity to study abroad with a partner institution, through the Erasmus+ programme
- Opt for an additional research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
Careers and employability
Professionalism is at the heart of this course, helping you to gain experience and make lasting connections with arts organisations outside of the University. The opportunity to undertake work placements and to engage in professional practice is embedded into the course, helping you to gain insight and knowledge in preparation for a career after graduation.
If you're thinking about progressing to further study you'll have the option to undertake an additional series of research sessions, to help prepare you for a Professional Doctorate or PhD.
- Research and Project Development
- Project Realisation and Presentation
- Advanced Art and Design Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- You can apply for this course throughout the year, but we'd recommend that applications should be received by the end of July for entry in September.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 550 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- 2.1 honours degree in a related subject.
- Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- a creative portfolio;
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7300 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.