Why study the Legal Practice Course programme at Nottingham Trent University?
- Successful completion of all elements of the LLM LPC will result in the award of a Masters degree – an internationally recognised qualification.
- All our staff are experienced lawyers and you will benefit from their practical knowledge. Also you will benefit from our visiting lecturers.
- We teach in as small groups as possible to encourage student participation.
- Every student has a personal tutor. We get to know our students and support and encourage you in both your studies and in your employment applications at the start of your legal career.
- We offer a multi-award-winning pro bono programme, including a Legal Advice Centre for the local community.
- Our dedicated and experienced careers consultants provide guidance and support to help you secure a training contract or other legal employment. Applicants are invited to a careers event in June, before the LPC course starts, so that you can benefit from working with our successful careers team.
- The number of graduates obtaining a training contract or paralegal work is consistently high.
- The Professional Legal Practice module provides practical experience and commercial insight, which will ensure you hit the ground running at the start of your career.
- Studying with Nottingham Law School means that you have all the facilities a large Law School can offer plus the advantages of studying within a university environment which offers outstanding library, IT, support, sports, language and student union services.
- Scholarships worth up to half the fee are available.
Careers and employability
We’ve been preparing for the implementation of the new SQE system since the SRA decided to make the changes. As the SRA finalise different parts of the system, we are incorporating them into our courses. Find out more about the SQE and what it means for you.
We have a dedicated Employability team who will support you in your search for a training contract; the number of Nottingham Law School graduates gaining a training contract or paralegal work is consistently high.
At Nottingham Law School we don't view the LPC in isolation. It leads to a training contract and we can provide the support required to give you the best possible start to your legal career:
- Our Employability team provide seminars with advice about training contract applications and interview techniques.
- We will review your training contract applications and formulate individual career plans. We also provide a practical interview preparation service.
- We provide a mentoring scheme with trainees from local law firms to provide support and guidance and a personal view of what to expect from life in the profession.
- Employability and commercial awareness are given appropriate focus, which provides a true bridge into practice.
- We maintain regular contact with firms specialising in all areas of law.
- Business (including Taxation and Business Accounts)
- Litigation (Civil and Criminal)
- Wills and Administration of Estates
- Solicitors' Accounts
- Professional Conduct and Regulation
- Skills: advocacy, interviewing, writing, drafting, and research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesPublic Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 289 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
What are we looking for?
- Successful completion of:
- Legal Practice Course, or
- Bar Professional Training Course, or
- Equivalent Professional Practice legal qualification in your home jurisdiction, or
- The relevant accredited prior experiential learning.
International11950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.