Why choose this Intellectual Property Law course from Nottingham Trent University?
- Explore Intellectual Property Law in UK and EU contexts.
- Learn how intellectual property rights impinge on many commercial areas and study the links to competition law and sport.
- Learn from expert teaching staff such as Janice Denoncourt, an experienced practitioner and author of core textbooks who has been sponsored by the European Patent Office.
- Complement your study of Intellectual Property Law with two modules from other LLM subject areas.
- Attend an International Summer School and explore Law in a European context.
- Scholarships are available.
Careers and employability
Career development is an integral part of the programme and our careers team run a series of workshops where you can identify methods and strategies to enable you to pursue your career goals.
Due to the School's excellent reputation within the legal profession, our graduates are highly sought-after and recognised for the depth and relevance of their knowledge.
Practitioners can study individual modules from the LLM programme for CPD awards.
Nottingham Law School offers a suite of practice-based practitioner programmes specifically designed to meet the personal development needs of legal practitioners. We offer courses that qualify for CPD with the Solicitors Regulation Authority, in-house training and bespoke programmes. These courses are highly flexible and can be delivered throughout the year both nationally and internationally.
While this course does not currently offer placements we do encourage our students to pursue placement opportunities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Competition and Intellectual Property Law in the European Union
- Intellectual Property and Innovation
- Intellectual Property, Public Health and Medical Innovation
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Sport, Intellectual Property and Commerce
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law International Law Public Law View 397 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- A good law degree, 2.2 or above.
- Applicants whose first degree is not Law will be required to provide evidence of commitment to the LLM subject that they wish to study.
- Applicants from other disciplines will be welcomed in appropriate circumstances, particularly if they have experience in the area, even if not as lawyers
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.