This Biotechnology degree from Nottingham Trent University is particularly relevant if you:
- are a recently qualified undergraduate and are looking for the professional skills needed to obtain a job in a bioscience company
- are working in an organisation and want a Masters-level qualification to give you a competitive edge
- require the skills and experience needed to study for a research degree
- are an international student who would like to study abroad
- would like the chance for extended research work in the lab of an experienced research academic
- want to use cutting-edge facilities to develop your own learning and research.
Careers and employability
The vast majority of students from this Biotechnology Masters course progress onto relevant employment within their chosen field or study for a PhD. This is because they are able to develop extensive knowledge of their subject area as well as vital research skills. This knowledge is further enhanced by the research project which students can develop in their area of interest.
- Skills portfolio
You will gather together relevant practical skills throughout laboratory classes producing a training record. This can be presented to potential employers as proof of competence in a laboratory setting. It also provides you with experience of managing what is essentially a personal development portfolio, which is now a standard tool for monitoring progression and performance in a scientific career as well as out in the sector.
- Research Methods and Bioethics
- Research Project
- Special Topics in Biotechnology
- Business and Enterprise
- Cell Culture and Antibody Technology
- Molecular Biology
- Techniques in Macromolecular Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 129 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United Kingdom
- A UK honours degree (minimum 2.1) or higher qualification in a relevant discipline, plus laboratory experience gained through employment or an undergraduate research project.
- Appropriate experience or other relevant qualifications will also be considered.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time UK: £4,400
International / EU
- Part-time £7,925
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.