Biotechnology is a key international growth area and this course is driven by the latest commercial and research advances in the field. Students have the opportunity to learn from experienced academic researchers with the possibility of undertaking a research project in industry.This course is ideal if you:
- are a recently qualified undergraduate and are looking for the professional skills needed to obtain a job in a Biotechnology company
- are working in an organisation and want a masters-level qualification to give you a competitive edge
- require the skills and experience needed to study for a research degree
- are an international student who would like to study abroad
- would like a course delivered by experienced research academics, with the possibility of completing a research project in industry
- want to use cutting-edge facilities to develop your own learning and research.
Careers and employability
This Biotechnology degree from Nottingham Trent University provides students with the professional skills, experience and knowledge necessary to pursue a wide range of careers within the field of biotechnology, alongside valuable transferable skills. Students would also be well-placed to study for a PhD.
If you start this course in September / October you will complete your placement following your taught modules and research project. If you start in January you will complete one term of taught modules and your project, then go on placement before returning to NTU for your final term of modules.
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Culture and Antibody Technology
- Special Topics in Biotechnology
- Business and Enterprise
- Research Methods and Bioethics
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 524 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- A UK honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Biochemistry, Biology or Microbiology
- Applicants with relevant employment experience or other relevant qualifications will also be considered
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Full-time with placement year £8,800 + £1,385
- Part-time £4,400
- Full-time with placement year £15,850 + £1,385
- Part-time £7,925
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.