The Masters of Arts in Christian Leadership in Education from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick will help build much needed educational capacity, respond to the widespread desire for an authentic personal spirituality and address the acknowledged 'deficit' in theological literacy and the widespread hunger for justice and inclusiveness in Irish society.
The programme, which is offered over two academic years in part-time mode (with the option of exiting with a graduate diploma), will explore key issues of educational leadership, policy and management, within the context of faith-based school environments.
It is open to principals, deputy principals and teachers aspiring to leadership or management roles within the faith-based education sector. It is also open to those in Boards of Management or working with the Educational Trust Bodies.
The programme will be delivered by means of traditional lectures, workshops and some on-line exercises. The assessments vary across the modules, these include written assignments, on-line exercises and participation in workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Leadership
- Policy and Management
- Scripture and Theology
- Psychology and Leadership
- Group Dynamics
- Spirituality for schools
- Learning and Curriculum
- Liturgy and Sacraments within the school
- Emotional and Relational Competence
- Education and the Law
- School Governance and Management
- Issues of Social Justice in Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 10 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The normal requirement for entry to the programme is a First or Second Class Honours primary degree.
- Applicants with equivalent qualifications or substantial relevant experience will also be considered. Final selection will require attendance for interview and may require presentation of some previous written material.
- Applicants for whom English is not a first language must provide evidence of their proficiency level English in the form of an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) composite score of 6.5 – 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in any one component, or IELTS equivalent accepted by UL. Such applicants will also be required to undergo an interview through English.
International9045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9045 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4535 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4535 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.