The Christian Leadership in Education course from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick will introduce students to key ideas, concepts and principles that underpin the characteristic spirit or ethos of faith-based education. Among the topics to be included are the following: Jesus the Teacher; Nurturing Personal Faith and Spirituality; The Catholic School and Contemporary Culture; Leading and Managing a Catholic School in Ireland Today.
An Integrating Seminar will provide practitioner-based sessions that require students to integrate and explore the cross-disciplinary elements of the programme, the students’ own experience in the school environment, and the application of ethical leadership in a variety of complex scenarios that reflect contemporary issues facing school leaders in faith-based schools.
The Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership in Education will be taught in part-time mode, normally on Saturdays at various venues around the country and is open to all involved in primary and second level education, especially teachers and others aspiring to roles of leadership or management in education.
Student knowledge and skills are developed in taught modules using a range of methodologies and examined through a variety of continuous assessment assignments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Jesus the Teacher
- Nurturing Personal Faith and Spirituality
- The Catholic School and Contemporary Culture
- Leading and Managing a Catholic School in Ireland Today
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 3 other Masters in Christian Studies in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrants must hold a primary degree and be involved in either the primary or secondary sector as part of the teaching staff or management team/body.
- Applicants for whom English is not a first language must provide evidence of their proficiency level English in the form of an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) composite score of 6.5 – 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in any one component, or IELTS equivalent accepted by UL. Such applicants will also be required to undergo an interview through English.
International4975 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4975 EUR per year during .
EU/EEA2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year during .
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.