This research-led two year MA Biodesign degree at University of the Arts London (UAL) integrates biomimicry and principles of biology into design practice, to grow a new breed of designers that can lead the way developing better sustainable futures. The biodesigners will work in the context of the emerging bio-circular economy to articulate alternative and innovative new design propositions that can redefine what and how we design and make in the future.
Great reasons to apply
- MA Biodesign is a unique interdisciplinary design programme dedicated to pushing the boundaries of sustainable design via biomimicry and biological sciences
- The course team includes a dedicated lecturer specialising in biology and biomimicry
- Our research-driven curriculum benefits from the Central Saint Martins Design and Living Systems Lab international scientific and biodesign network
- The course combines the creative, disruptive and experimental culture of Central Saint Martins with a rigorous scientific curriculum to create innovative sustainable design proposals.
The course will introduce designers from multidisciplinary backgrounds to biomimicry principles, biofabrication techniques, biological systems, and to synthetic biology protocols that can be applied to designing new sustainable materials, products, services or systems.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Biotechnology View 427 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- An honours degree in a relevant design subject area OR
- An equivalent EU / international qualification
AND normally at least one year of professional experience.
You will need to submit a short statement about why you want to study MA Biodesign. This gives us a clear sense of your interests and your suitability for our course.
International16450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16450 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6455 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6455 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.