Why study MSc/PGDip/PGCert Biomedical Science (Medical Immunology) at Middlesex University?
This programme structure in the area of Biomedical Science and Medical Immunology will provide you with the necessary framework and vocabulary in essential and advanced aspects of Immunology.
Additionally, you will gain the expertise in a range of analytical and technical skills that will equip you to pursue a range of career options. These may include employment within the health service, pharmaceutical industry and education, or, to proceed to further scientific training or research.
As part of this programme you will also carry out a research project with a focus on Immunology supervised by research-active experts in the area.This course is designed for those students who have previously studied a related subject in Biomedical Science at university level or who have a basic knowledge of Immunology and are looking to develop an advanced mastery of the subject.
- This programme is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Scientists (IBMS) which is the leading professional body for Biomedical Scientists
- You will undertake a research project with the supervision of experts in the field. This may lead to inclusion on a scientific publication
- External lecturers are brought in to teach their expert areas allowing you the possibility to form links with institutions outside of Middlesex University
- Following the recent REF2014, research at Middlesex was ranked as close to the top third for research power across the entire sector and the best modern university in London for research power.
A master’s degree is an important means for health care professionals to develop the skills necessary to progress from specialist practitioner (BMS Band 6) to higher specialist practitioner (currently BMS Band 7).A qualification at Master’s level is increasingly becoming a requirement for progression via a PhD into a research career. Possession of the MSc degree is likely to enhance your marketability in academic research, pharmaceutical research and development and Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Bioanalytical Techniques
- Biomedical Ethics and Law
- Experimental Design and Statistics
- Immunoassays and Immunotherapeutics
- Laboratory Leadership and Management
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place .
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Microbiology View 84 other Masters in Microbiology in United Kingdom
- We normally require a second class honours degree 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject
International1400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time per taught credit: £61
- Part-time per taught credit: £93
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.