Why study MSc/PGDip Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management at Middlesex University?
This course has a strong emphasis on practical skills, and you'll work on projects in collaboration with professionals. The University's strong links within the industry and professional bodies mean that this course is highly regarded and well respected internationally. Employers often invite applications from our graduates when they have a vacancy.
All course tutors are practicing consultants, which ensures that you will be studying the latest developments and practices. Many are also active in research and you will be encouraged to undertake research which will be recognised within the industry.If you do not wish to study the full MSc, you can apply to the PGDip where you study only eight modules, omitting the Dissertation.
- You'll have access to the Barbour Index, the UK's leading source of health and safety information, including statistics, information on legislation changes and training guides
- The excellent facilities include a specialist environmental and occupational safety laboratory where you'll carry out practical assessments, as well as specialist monitoring and other equipment
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
The need for occupational health professionals has never been greater and this course will equip you for a wide range of roles in areas such as occupational health, occupational hygiene, environmental management, risk management and consultancy, both in the UK and abroad. A very high percentage of our students go into jobs directly related to the course.You will be encouraged to take up placement opportunities during your studies as they will not only help you gain valuable industry experience but also count towards the two years of professional development you'll need to gain chartered membership of the IOSH.
The course is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, which means you can become a graduate member of the institution when you complete the course, and can then gain chartered membership after two years' professional development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Assessment and Management
- Factors Affecting Risk and Strategic Risk Intervention
- Health and Safety Within High Risk Industries
- Occupational Hygiene and Health
- Philosophy and Leadership of Occupational Safety and Health Improvement
- Management of Workplace Safety
- Research Methodology and Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place .
DisciplinesHealth Management Environmental Management View 165 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
- We normally require a second class honours degree 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification, in an appropriate subject
- We also consider candidates with NeBOSH Diploma and NeBOSH international Diploma or other relevant qualifications
- Those without formal qualifications need to demonstrate three years' relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time per taught credit: £61
- Part-time per taught credit: £93
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.