Why study MSc Marine Operations Management at Middlesex University?
This Marine Operations Management MSC course at the Middlesex University has been specifically designed for senior professionals in the Marine Operations industries enabling you to apply your existing specialist knowledge to the ever changing global industry and develop your ability to manage strategically.
This course covers technical and managerial aspects of the role of marine surveyors and the accompanying modules will focus on technical skills in the industry as well as strategy and management techniques for marine surveyors. You will have the opportunity to work similarly to a senior manager and you will be working with MSc colleagues, broadening the learning process.
As the course is delivered online, you can study from anywhere in the world, day or night. Blending a variety of resources and interaction methods including asynchronous discussions, group participation activities and individual assignments, the programme can be successfully completed from home, work or even whilst travelling. It will be delivered through our learning management system, myUniHub. This is a sophisticated 24-hour online portal which gives the flexibility to work on a high quality MSc while still meeting work and other commitments. The programme is also facilitated using a variety of media and online tools (podcasts, wikis) which allow flexible access to a diverse range of online resources, quizzes and learning materials as well as collaborative tools with which you can engage and learn with peers.
You can choose whether to follow the MSc Marine Operations pathway or to tailor the applied project to your specific Diploma award to achieve one of the following:
- MSc Marine Operations (Marine Surveying)
- MSc Marine Operations (Ship Superintendency)
- MSc Marine Operations (Small Craft Surveying)
- MSc Marine Operations (Marine Accident Investigation)
- MSc Marine Operations (Marine Engineering)
- MSc Marine Operations (Surveying of Offshore Floating Units)
- There are a variety of learning processes - such as online learning, group activities and independent study
- By choosing to study via distance learning, you can control your study hours, working at the time and place that's right for your
- There are no exams and coursework is submitted online
- You will be taught by experts in the field including the course director, Paul Russell (MSc, BA (Hons), MIMarEST Marine Engineer and Education Specialist).
- Marine surveyor
- Ship superintendent
- Marine accident investigator
- Marine engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management Skills for Marine Operations
- Ship Design and Systems
- Optimising Business Performance
- Applied Project
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering Natural Resource Management View 7 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United Kingdom
Those wishing to undertake the MSc in Marine Operations (Continuation) must have already studied one of the following with Lloyd’s Maritime Academy and North Kent College:
- Diploma in Marine Surveying
- Diploma in Ship Superintendency
- Diploma in Small Craft Surveying
- Diploma in Marine Accident Investigation
- Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Diploma in Surveying of Offshore Floating Units
You must also have:
- A second class honours degree or above
- A minimum of three years’ managerial or professional experience at the appropriate level in an occupation closely related to Marine Operations
International5697 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP for the full programme during 20 months.
National5697 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP for the full programme during 20 months.
- EU: £9,495
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.