With the support of more than 30 different lecturers who teach at twelve universities from six different countries, English Studies programme of University of Jaén prepares you in areas of study such as Spanish-English/ English-Spanish translation (including computer assisted translation), specialized critical and philological editing of texts, all kinds of philological teaching and research, and any other subject (documentation, international business, etc.) for which a deep knowledge of English and of the language and cultures of English-speaking countries are required.
Students will be required, under the supervision of one of our PhD lecturers, to write a dissertation of approximately 40,000 words on a subject of their choice. OMiES will be taught by more than 30 different lecturers who teach at twelve universities from six different countries. Furthermore, all our lecturers carry out relevant research on the specialist subjects taught in this MA course and have ample experience as MA and PhD supervisors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology and Academic English
- Translation and ICTs
- Main Approaches in Linguistic and Literary Studies
- The Use of Corpora in English Studies
- Conceptual Frameworks for Language Teaching: The CEFRL
- ICTs in the Classroom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BAs in English, Modern Philology, English and Catalan studies, English and Cassical studies, English and Spanish studies, English and French studies
- B2 level of English may be certified by all those English certifications listed in the website of the Centro de Estudios Avanzados en Lenguas Modernas (Universidad de Jaén)
- The curriculum vitae of the candidates would also be taken into account (70% average mark and 30% curriculum vitae
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.