The RMIT School of Design is a recognised as an international leader in education, research and practice. It is industry connected, socially grounded, and focused on the future practices of design.
At RMIT we contend that research is conducted through designing as a means of increasing knowledge, and that this process parallels research in other areas in fascinating ways.
Research candidates are supported and engaged in communities of design practice that share interests, discourses, and ways of doing things.
Upon completion of this Master of Design from RMIT University , you will have:
- knowledge and understanding of one or more disciplines
- advanced knowledge of research methods relevant to your field
- theoretical knowledge and ability to reflect on critical theory
Completion of the Master of Design will provide you with a foundation for study at PhD level. It will also enable you to pursue employment in senior leadership positions, or research-based roles within government, non-government and corporate sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Practice Research Strategies
- Research Strategies
- Qualitative Research Techniques
- Quantitative Research Techniques
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Continuous
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 88 other Masters in Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant discipline awarded with honours; or
- evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience that satisfies the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training and Development or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
- CRICOS number: 099062A
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38400 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic: Research Training Scheme
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.