The Master of Design (Fashion and Textiles) from RMIT University enables you to develop an advanced body of knowledge that you may apply to a range of stimulating, real-life research contexts.
Individually supervised research programs are aligned to one of the School’s Centre for Materials Innovation and Future Fashion or the School’s research streams.
These research areas reflect the School’s research supervisors’ expertise along with the available resources and collaborative relationships with industry and other research organisations.
This program will provide you with a foundation for further studies at PhD level and for employment within the fashion and textiles industry in a position allied to design, management, galleries, museums and non-government organisations.
Graduates of this program may also have their own business, SME or freelance as designers, artists, curators and producers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Strategies
- Creative Practice Research Strategies
- Qualitative Research Techniques
- Quantitative Research Techniques
- Masters Research
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Continuous
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 5 other Masters in Fashion Design in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant discipline awarded with honours; or
- evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience that satisfies the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training and Development or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
- CRICOS number: 079694A
International31680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31680 AUD per year during 24 months.
- If you are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen you may be eligible for a Research Training Scheme (RTS) place where your tuition costs are funded by the Commonwealth Government under the RTS and you have full exemption from tuition fees.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.