Fast-track your accounting career
The content of the CPA Program™ is integrated with the RMIT masters program, so you can gain an academic and professional qualification in just two years. Access teaching and learning support from the university’s leading professors, plus CPA Program™ study guides while you prepare for the CPA Australia external examinations.
Stand out and move forward
This masters degree in Professional Accounting (CPA Extension) from RMIT University allows you to build on your knowledge, regardless of the discipline you’ve studied or your work history. If you're changing career or exploring a new interest, this program is a great way to gain specialist knowledge and expand your academic and practical experience.
A partnership you can count on
Delivered in partnership with CPA Australia, RMIT is one of eight providers in Australia that offers the Master of Professional Accounting (CPA Australia Extension). Courses are delivered by our leading academics, many of whom have been involved in the design, writing and/or examination of CPA Program™ subjects.
Our program offers specialised studies in accounting and the opportunity to focus on strategy, leadership and international business so you will emerge with the knowledge and confidence to apply technical accounting and theories to accounting problems.
Adding a Master of Professional Accounting and the CPA professional qualification to existing qualifications gives graduates a wide range of career options.
Graduates may work in small, medium or large organisations in public accounting practice, commerce, government or the not-for-profit sector. You may even consider the exciting possibility of starting your own business as a professional accountant (CPA).
Graduate roles may include:
- Working with senior executives on managing and disclosing social and environmental activities of the organisation.
- Monitoring and reporting on the cash flow and financial resources of the organisation
- Advising business on strategies for value creation
- Preparing integrated reports for financial and sustainability reporting
- Preparing and evaluating business plans
- Developing and reviewing performance management systems
- Providing financial and taxation advice
- Running a small business.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Case studies, projects and assignments will give you the opportunity to apply theoretical concepts in a practical way.
- Explore a complex problem, and test and evaluate potential solutions with industry and community stakeholders in the course Business Research Design.
- Six CPA Program™ subjects are embedded in the final part of the program.
- Complete CPA Program™ subjects in a familiar university environment, designed to enhance your preparation for CPA Program™ examinations that lead to attaining the academic components of the CPA Program.
- Graduates eligible for Full CPA Australia membership (If they meet the work experience requirement of CPA Australia and have passed the six CPA exams in the program).
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesAccounting View 108 other Masters in Accounting in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This degree is suitable for graduates who hold a bachelor degree in any discipline who wish to obtain a qualification that is recognised by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- Holders of an Australian bachelor degree in accounting that was accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand do not need to complete this degree for Australian professional accounting association recognition purposes.
- This degree may not be suitable for applicants who have completed a non-Australian bachelor degree in accounting with courses/subjects equivalent to those which are specified for Associate membership of CPA Australia.
- CRICOS number: 088092G
International38400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38400 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National29760 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29760 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.