Fast-track your accounting career
The content of the CPA Program™ is integrated with the RMIT masters program, so you can gain an academic and professional qualification in just two years. Access teaching and learning support from the university’s leading professors, plus CPA Program™ study guides while you prepare for the CPA Australia external examinations.
Stand out and move forward
This masters degree in accounting allows you to build on your knowledge, regardless of the discipline you’ve studied or your work history. If you're changing career or exploring a new interest, this program is a great way to gain specialist knowledge and expand your academic and practical experience.
A partnership you can count on
Delivered in partnership with CPA Australia, RMIT is one of eight providers in Australia that offers the Master of Professional Accounting (CPA Australia Extension). Courses are delivered by our leading academics, many of whom have been involved in the design, writing and/or examination of CPA Program™ subjects.
The Professional Accounting (CPA Extension) from RMIT University offers specialised studies in accounting and the opportunity to focus on strategy, leadership and international business so you will emerge with the knowledge and confidence to apply technical accounting and theories to accounting problems.
Adding a Master of Professional Accounting and the CPA professional qualification to existing qualifications gives graduates a wide range of career options.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Case studies, projects and assignments will give you the opportunity to apply theoretical concepts in a practical way.
- Explore a complex problem, and test and evaluate potential solutions with industry and community stakeholders in the course Business Research Design.
- Six CPA Program™ subjects are embedded in the final part of the program.
- Complete CPA Program™ subjects in a familiar university environment, designed to enhance your preparation for CPA Program™ examinations that lead to attaining the academic components of the CPA Program.
- Graduates eligible for Full CPA Australia membership (If they meet the work experience requirement of CPA Australia and have passed the six CPA exams in the program).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It’s important you complete the enrolment details and arrive in Melbourne before your classes start.
DisciplinesAccounting View 109 other Masters in Accounting in Australia
This degree is suitable for graduates who hold a bachelor degree in any discipline who wish to obtain a qualification that is recognised by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- Holders of an Australian bachelor degree in accounting that was accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand do not need to complete this degree for Australian professional accounting association recognition purposes.
- This degree may not be suitable for applicants who have completed a non-Australian bachelor degree in accounting with courses/subjects equivalent to those which are specified for Associate membership of CPA Australia.
- CRICOS provider number: 088092G
International35480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35480 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27840 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
RMIT awards more than 2000 scholarships every year to recognise academic achievement and assist students from a variety of backgrounds.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.