Improve your skills
The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand have helped design RMIT’s postgraduate professional accounting programs to ensure we’re in-step with the future needs of professional bodies and employers.
Broaden your career choices
The Master of Professional Accounting from RMIT University provides a broad-based accounting and business qualification for a career in many industries and sectors. It is designed for graduates from any discipline who are considering a career in accounting for the first time, providing many opportunities for industry-based, practical learning.
Network with like-minded professionals
If you are currently in a role that demands accounting knowledge, we’ll get you up to speed with the latest industry practices and standards. If you’re thinking of stepping out on your own, the Business Skills for Start Ups elective will help you put your best foot forward.
Graduates may work in small, medium or large organisations in public accounting practice, commerce, government or the not-for-profit sector. You may even consider the exciting possibility of starting your own business.
Graduate roles may include:
- Working with senior managers on planning and disclosing social and environmental activities of the organisation
- Monitoring and reporting on the cash flow and financial resources of the organisation
- Preparing information for organisational strategies
- Preparing integrated reports for financial and sustainability reporting
- Participating in the preparation and evaluation of business plans
- Participating in the development and review of performance management systems
- Providing financial and taxation advice
- Running a small business.
The Master of Professional Accounting (MPA) is accredited by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) and the Association of International Accountants (AIA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management 1 - Managing People
- Business and Government in the Global Context
- Global Business and Social Technology: A Case Study Approach
- Accounting for Management Decisions
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
2 year duration
- You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) or higher level qualification in any discipline.
You must have successfully completed:
- An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher level qualification, in a business-related discipline* from a recognised tertiary institution; OR
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in any discipline and a minimum of three years full-time equivalent management experience; OR
- The RMIT Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting.
International38400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38400 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National29760 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29760 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.