Computer Networking and Cyber Security with Work Experience of London Metropolitan University will contribute to your learning, while the work experience will provide a unique student experience that will enhance your employability after graduation.
More about this course
Taught by qualified Cisco instructors, this course offers you a unique opportunity to combine networking technologies with cyber security and gain Cisco accreditation. Such a combination will be attractive to employers increasingly seeking staff with postgraduate qualifications in this area.
The work experience embedded in this course will form a crucial element of your learning. The course team will help you find a relevant opportunity with the help of a Cisco Academy manager who has built a network of relevant employers in the past 15 years through the Networking Academy and its contacts.
After the course
You could enjoy a career as a network engineer, network manager, network security and cyber security consultant, crime and computer forensic or network security professional.
This degree course has been accredited with initial partial CITP status by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT and the Engineering Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Cyber Security Management
- Cybercrime and Cyber Security
- MSc Project
- Network Routing Protocols
- Switched Networks
- Work Experience
- Digital Forensics
- Hardening Network Infrastructure
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 120 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
You will be required to have:
- a lower second class (2:2) UK degree (or equivalent) in Computer Networking and Cyber Security, Computer Security, Computer Science, Computing, Electronics and Communications, or a closely related discipline
- applicants with relevant professional experience will also be considered
- Please note the networking modules are based on CISCO CCNP curriculum and are very practically assessed. You are strongly advised to either study CISCO CCNA or ensure that you are competent in configuring CISCO devices before you enrol to ensure success in this MSc program.
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 18 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 18 months.
- UK: £1,280 per 20 credits
- Int: £1,590 per 20 credits
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.