The Humanitarian Action and Peacebuilding programme at the Oxford Brookes University gives you access to resources and support from both institutions online and in the field through UN missions.
A flexible and user-friendly online learning environment enables you to learn from your workplace. During the course you will:
- investigate cutting-edge issues in the field
- propose innovative tools
- reflect on current field practices
- broaden your perceptions
- develop and refine the hard and soft skills needed to work effectively
This course is ideal for a career in the field of humanitarian action, conflict transformation or related fields, such as:
- civil servants or diplomats in charge of humanitarian affairs
- academics teaching humanitarian practices
- journalists seeking a better understanding of humanitarian issues
- military personnel ready to be deployed in a field of operation where humanitarian actions are taking place
More informationVisit official programme website
- From Conflict Sensitivity to Conflict Transformation
- Culture-Sensitivity in Conflict and Post-Conflict Settings
- Leadership, Team and Self-management in Conflict Settings
- Humanitarian and Peacebuilding Programmes in Urban Conflicts
- Protection of Civilians in Conflict and Post-conflict Settings
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture International Relations Sustainable Development View 22 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
- hold an approved honours degree (or equivalent) at 2:1 or above in a relevant discipline, and preferably some experience in the field of humanitarian action and peacebuilding or related fields
- hold a relevant recognised diploma and/or certified professional qualification and 3 to 5 years' experience in humanitarian action and peacebuilding or related fields
- have substantial and proven field experience (minimum 10 years) in humanitarian action, peacebuilding and related fields
International3680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 30 months.
EU/EEA3680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.