The first semester of the Bachelor Program in Architecture at Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is an introductory phase familiarizing students with all five platforms. In the following five semesters, the fields of knowledge and potentials pertaining to the five platforms are developed and discussed in detail.
The sequence of foci and platforms is one of increasing project complexity and skills serving as a solid base for the Master Program where the focus will gradually shift from learning the tools of the profession to actively using them in research. The Master Program fosters open teaching based on the platforms' research fields. After an advanced introductory phase, students are largely free to select the focus of their curriculum within the five platforms. In the course of the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analogue Production, Digital Production
- Construction, Material, Technology
- Ecology, Sustainability, Cultural Heritage
- History, Theory and Criticism
- Geography, Landscapes, Cities
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An entrance examination serves to select students with outstanding abilities and knowledge and therefore creates an a highly qualified and motivated surrounding for the students.
- Education at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna aims to foster individual qualities of the students.
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.