At Architecture from Academy of Fine Arts Vienna sequence of foci and platforms is one of increasing project complexity and skills serving as a solid base for the Master Program where the focus will gradually shift from learning the tools of the profession to actively using them in research. The Master Program fosters open teaching based on the platforms' research fields. After an advanced introductory phase, students are largely free to select the focus of their curriculum within the five platforms.
Graduates of the Master’s Program in Architecture have largely defined the focuses of their studies themselves. They are accustomed to open and research-based work. They formulate projects and fields of activity in architecture. They consider architecture as a cultural, social and political tool capable of determining our society and effecting fundamental change. Based on sound training in working on architectural problems, they have the skills required for the assessment and analysis of architecture.
Completion of the Master Program in Architecture enables and entitles students to:
- work as an architect
- the Master is a recognized prerequisite to set up an independent practice in architecture and urban planning.
- apply for admission to a doctoral program
- Analogue Production, Digital Production
- Construction, Material, Technology
- Ecology, Sustainability, Cultural Heritage
- History, Theory and Criticism
- Geography, Landscapes, Cities
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Registration (digital form only)
- Letter of intent (max. one page A4, German or English)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Proof of German language proficiency: Level B2 (copy)
- Proof of English language proficiency: Level B2 (copy)
- Certified copy of your Bachelor degree
- One letter of recommendation (academic and/or professional)
- Bound portfolio with your work
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.