The New Materials and Additive Technologies program from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) is aimed to develop new functional and structural materials and systems based on the physical and numerical simulation at the interface of physics, chemistry, material science, engineering and computational mechanics.
Every technology is based on the materials. Being at the starting point of everything you have a chance to achieve the highest results!
- individual approach and on-going assistance;
- the course is delivered in English;
- joint projects and research activities with teachers' engagement;
- international contacts for future career at top positions;
- communication with experts from leading construction and engineering companies;
- scientific research activities, regular participation in seminars, conferences, and forums;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school).
Master of Science (MSc) in Technic and Technology
Programme StructureMajor areas of expertise:
- General education courses
- Advanced knowledge of material science
- Additive manufacturing
- Solid state joining techniques
- Simulation of metals and alloys structure and properties formation
- Automatization and robotics
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry
The Program’s major objective is to train multiskilled professionals, who have multidisciplinary knowledge and are ready to be involved in both research at a university level, and engineering at companies that work in a field of technology. The joint Program’s philosophy assumes learning technology in Material Science and Technology in terms of specifics at manufacturing enterprises.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Academic year: September 01 - end of June. Academic year consists of 2 semesters (September-January and February-June).
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 21 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Specialist’s or Master’s degree in a relevant area is required
- English language proficiency - B+ (CEFR B2)
- Exam Test in a relevant field of studies
- Interview in English with a program coordinator (Skype option is available)
321 800 Rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
• Polytech accepts students who received a Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education scholarship (so-called quota) that covers tuition fees as well.
To apply for the quota - https://education-in-russia.com -
• You can also participate in the International Olympiad "Open Doors: Russian Scholarship project" co-organized by Polytechnic University. The winners have an opportunity to pursue their Master's and PhD degrees for free. The Olympiad is intended for both international applicants and SPbPU students in their final years of Bachelor's, Specialist's, or Master's studies http://opendoors.spbstu.ru/english.html
The qualifying round will start in September 2022 and will end in December 2022.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.