Furthermore, candidates must prove that they have an English and Spanish language ability equivalent to level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, since the Biotechnology of Environment and Health Master's Programme from The University of Oviedo will be taught in both languages. Students who wish to benefit from the agreement that the University of Oviedo holds with the Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour (France), or from any other Erasmus agreement, will have to prove that they are competent in the language required in each respective agreement..
Biotechnology of Environment and Health students have the possibility to obtain a doublé degree if they complete two semestres in any of the following institutions: Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour (Francia), TEC de Monterrey (México), Universitá di Bologna (Italia), University of Cranfield (Reino Unido).
- Environmental consulting and risk assessment.
- Development and implementation of biotechnology solutions.
- Project Manager and Multidisciplinary Team Manager.
- Creation and management of biotechnology companies.
- Teaching biotechnology, biomedicine and environmental technology, as well as doing research on those fields.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Genomic and nucleic acid biotechnology
- Bacterial biotechnology
- Biotechnology of filamentous fungi and yeasts
- Animal cell biotechnology
- Plant biotechnology
- Laboratory safety
- Professional skills in biotechnology: ethical implications, oral communication, written communication
- Environmental microbiology
- Biotechnology of waste management
- Analysis and identification of chemical contaminants
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the EU integrated in the European Higher Education Area
Students who meet the following requirements will be also admitted to the programme:
- Have training in experimental sciences, in health sciences or in scientific and technical research with significant training in subjects related to chemistry and life sciences.
- Students with a different profile may be considered for admission provided that they complete additional complimentary courses
- Show interest and a favourable attitude towards disciplines with no apparent relation to their degrees.
EU/EEA2160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36 EUR per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Oviedo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.