What's covered in the course?
This programme has been designed in collaboration with clinical colleagues and blends theoretical approaches with practicalities of service development and person-centred care approaches. The international dimension of diabetes and application of culturally appropriate diabetes care in different environments and resources underpins this programme. Through different modules, you will explore your employment situation, recognise the potential for excellence in practice-led care, extend and enhance your employability and career progression. You will also identify ways in which you can improve your practice and services in order to pioneer new interdisciplinary service developments.
The programme will enable practitioners working in various aspects of care, with people either at risk of or living with diabetes, to develop knowledge and skills in diabetes care. You will develop analytical skills through interactive online learning opportunities, so that you are able to critically examine practices within the context of the legislative and professional frameworks of your own country.Advancing Diabetes Care is provided by Birmingham City University.
Why Choose Us?
- This brand new course has been developed to meet the needs of interdisciplinary healthcare practitioners working in partnership with people living with diabetes
- This course aims to address the global increase in the number of people both at risk of developing diabetes and living with diabetes, and the developments in care needed to support these people
- The course has a global perspective, using our knowledge and experience of working with international partners
The international dimension of diabetes and application of culturally appropriate diabetes care in different environments and resources underpins this programme. The modules will allow you to explore your employment situation, recognise the potential for excellence in practice-led care, extend and enhance your employability and career progression and identify ways in which you can improve your practice and services and pioneer new interdisciplinary service developments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Effective Person-centred Diabetes Education
- Research: Methods of Enquiry
- Leadership in Diabetes Care
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 179 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Must hold current professional registration with a UK regulatory body (NMC, HCPC, GMC). Students will normally have studied to BSc Hons or equivalent, ideally to include a Research Methods module.
- A minimum of two years in your area of area of clinical practice and a first degree or evidence of recent professionally related study at diploma or degree level.
- Accredited degree level study within the last five years or the Birmingham City University module Essential Academic Skills to be completed prior to starting the programme.
International1430 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1430 GBP per module and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA720 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 720 GBP per module and a duration of 36 months.
per 20-credit module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.