Taught by professionally qualified academics with a wealth of industrial and professional experience, this CIMA accredited Master's course focuses on the practical application of accountancy in the real world and theoretical aspects of related research with a clear objective of preparing you for a career in accountancy, finance or management. You can maximise your CIMA exemptions by choosing particular modules, and get prepared for the remaining final (external) CIMA exam(s) at the end of the course.
You can study ACCA with us (full or part-time) and then take the final, 60 credit dissertation module to gain the MSc award. Our status as a Platinum Approved Learning Partner reflects the quality of our course provision and teaching.
If you are already a CCAB or CIMA qualified accountant you have the option of seeking accreditation for prior learning experience (APLE) or simply topping up with the final, 60 credit dissertation module to gain the MSc award with our Masters Stage course.
Based at the University’s new campus in the UK’s second city, you’ll live and study in an exciting, vibrant environment and engage with local, national and international businesses.Accounting and Finance - MSc is provided by Birmingham City University.
Why Choose Us?
- Our accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) helps boost your postgraduate qualification even more, giving you professional qualifications employers would be hard pressed to ignore.
- Our accreditation allows us to offer an extensive list of CIMA exemptions, including all Management and Strategic level CIMA papers (excluding the case studies). We automatically offer tuition for the Final Strategic Case Study upon completion of your MSc (in November / December).
- We also boast close links with CIMA, who offer our students reduced registration and exam fees, as well as full access to their support content, which includes webinars and online support.
- Project and Relationship Management
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Corporate Reporting
- International Tax Planning
- Audit Theory and Practice
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Risk Management
- Financial Strategy
- Public Sector Financial Management
- Global Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Financial Mathematics View 750 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first or second class degree in Accountancy, Accounting and Finance or business related area with significant accounting related content from a UK institution or international equivalent.
- OR ACCA Papers F1-9 / CIMA Operational and Management Levels (or equivalent).
- OR A full professional accountancy qualification (APEL may be available).
- OR A pre-Master’s programme approved by Birmingham City University
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.