This interdisciplinary, intertextual course enables you to explore the skills you need right across design – you direct your own higher level study in your chosen field, from fashion to industrial design, through your own major project. The programme embeds your development through live projects or internships with optional modules in specific design areas.
You learn through initiatives and activities that stimulate and develop creative practice, problem-solving, manufacture and distribution. Thinking, making and observation are applied to practical and social contexts. Your playful and fictional approaches are encouraged through workshops and connections with international events and research projects.
You take an interdisciplinary approach to creative problem solving by sharing creative solutions with experienced practitioners across our School of Science, Engineering & Design – from wearable tech in garments to growing fabrics – pushing the boundaries in design thinking. You consider the many opportunities to create impact though design, learning to mix contemporary practice and thinking to solve real-world problems.
As a graduate you have the opportunity to go on to a range of design-related employment requiring specialist digital knowledge and skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Thinking and Theoretical Contexts
- Design Integration
- Design Practice
- Design Research Methods
- Enterprising Leadership and Project Management
- Innovation by Design
- MA Design Major Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Graphic Design View 503 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are normally expected to have at least a 2.2 UK honours degree, or equivalent qualification. A range of degree subjects are acceptable including subjects related to arts, design or other creative discipline. We also consider relevant experience or equivalent qualifications. Applicants are normally required to present a portfolio of work.
- Students with a degree awarded outside the UK must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
- Non-EU international students who need a student visa to study in the UK should check our web pages on UKVI-compliant English language requirements. The University also provides pre-sessional English language courses if you do not meet the minimum English language requirement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6695 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6695 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time UK: £745 per 20 credits
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.