The opportunity to develop your research skills, explore specialist areas, and complete an independent research project, provides preparation for careers in research or teaching or to pursue studies towards a PhD.
The course aims to produce postgraduates who have the knowledge and skills to become professional biomedical scientists and operate at an advanced level. Core modules will develop knowledge of the biological aspects of disease processes while introducing cutting edge analytical skills.
The Advanced Biomedical Science course from Teesside University, develops comprehensive knowledge and understanding of biomedical science in the 21st century. It focuses on genomics and bioinformatics together with emerging clinical biochemistry and diagnostic techniques. You also have the option to explore pathobiology of genetic disorders or neurodegenerative disease or infectious diseases in great depth.
This course is the ideal progression route for BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science graduates or other bioscience disciplines. It enhances your career prospects in the bioscience and biotechnology industries as well as preparing you for pursuing PhD positions.
- Advanced Biological Aspects of Diseases
- Analytical Techniques
- Clinical Biochemistry and Diagnostic Techniques
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Life Science Research Project
- Pathobiology of Infectious Diseases
- The Pathobiology of Neurological Diseases
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 162 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United Kingdom
- Applicants are normally expected to have at least a UK 2.2 honours degree, or equivalent, in a subject related to life or physical sciences, for example biomedical science, human biology and biological science.
- If your first degree is not listed above, or you have non-standard qualifications and/or relevant experience, please contact our Admissions Office.
- For additional information please see the entry requirements in our postgraduate entry requirements page
- International applicants can find out what qualifications they need by visiting Your Country
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6695 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6695 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fee for UK applicants £745 for each 20 credits
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.