During the Civil Engineering (Part Time) programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University , you will develop a high level of knowledge and skills in the fields of structural engineering, construction management, geotechnical engineering and innovative construction materials.
The MSc Civil Engineering programme embraces research-led teaching, where the students are actively engaged by accomplishing technical tasks, either in the form of group work or individual projects. .
This programme comprises four semesters of taught modules, followed by a research dissertation project spanning two semesters.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for roles such as consultant or site manager in the construction industry, as well as similar positions in government, and in water management and infrastructure facilities. Graduates can also find employment as structural engineers, geotechnical engineers, hydraulic and hydrologic engineers, quantity surveyors and quality managers.
The programme is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng), for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Technology and Building Materials
- Critical State Soil Mechanics
- Sustainable Engineering With Timber
- Environmental Engineering and Management Practice
- Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Advanced Construction Management
- Advanced Simulation of Sustainable Structural Systems
- Advanced Structural Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 406 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Bachelor Degree in civil engineering or in related field
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- Top 100 of 2021 Shanghai Ranking or World-class universities or First-class disciplines (MoE, People’s Republic of China): 75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
- Other universities: 80 - 85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18864 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National6288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18864 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.