The degree programme in Medicine and Surgery (English language) at Humanitas University lasts 6 years and is taught in English. Student can meet up with fellow undergraduates from over 20 countries worldwide.
After obtaining a degree in Medicine, graduates can sit the state exam to enrol in the professional register and take the exam to enter a Medical Specialty School.
From the very first year, theoretical and practical competences can be acquired thanks to the multidisciplinary modules combined with practical training and simulation activities, carried out under the guidance of professors and researchers with international experience – including 3 Noble Prize Winners – and 150 doctors, who also work as tutors and members of the teaching community.
An International Advisory Board supports the University in its educational and training goals.
Starting from the third year students will start their clinical training at the various Humanitas Hospitals under the supervision of specialised tutors, who follow undergraduates through their clinical practice. Students can also join the Virgilio Programme, dedicated to biomedical research. The programme allows for the integration of their curriculum with inter-disciplinary seminars, interactive teaching activities and laboratory experience – one month a year – to enable active participation in scientific research.
Teaching and assessment
There are several types of learning activities including core courses, vocational training, elective courses and training activities for the preparation of the thesis (for a detailed description see below).
For each learning activity, students gain a certain number of university credits and a mark awarded on a 30-point scale or pass/fail exam. The minimum passing mark is 18/30. Any attribution of honor, in addition to the maximum mark of 30, is subject to the unanimous assessment of the Commission.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles Of Living Matter
- Building Bodies
- Being Medical Doctor
- The Cell: Molecules And Processes
- Body Architecture
- Body At Work
- Mechanism Of Diseases
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 3 other Masters in Public Health in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a Secondary School Diploma or attending the last year of the secondary education
- if your local school system provides for 11 or 10 years of schooling, the title is valid when integrated with 1 or 2 years of university
- It is, therefore, strongly recommended that applicants to Humanitas Medical School have reached an adequate level of English language competency: Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10156 EUR per year and a duration of 72 months.
EU/EEA10156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10156 EUR per year and a duration of 72 months.
- 1 full tuition merit-based scholarship funded by Fondazione Rocca;
- 4 merit-based scholarships worth 17.000 € per year;
- 1 scholarship worth 10.000 € per year reserved to High School Students entitled of the award “Premio Alfieri del lavoro”;
- 1 scholarship worth 10.000 € per year reserved to High School Students who partecipated in the Natural Science Olympics (Olimpiadi delle Scienze Naturali);
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.