The English Studies (Literature, Linguistics, Culture) programme from Vilnius University is a broad interdisciplinary programme concerned with both the theoretical and empirical analysis of the role of the English language, culture and literature in modern society. The programme consists of three equally balanced blocks of general and subject-specific courses in linguistics, literature and culture.
The programme does not only develop students' subject-specific competences, but also provides them with competences necessary to specialise in other fields.Studies are closely related to the individualisation and differentiation of the study process, development of social skills, principles of study content integration, application of relevant modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Academic field (research in literature, culture and linguistics and teaching literary and language courses at higher education institutions).
- Other diverse areas (editing, translation, lexicography, proofreading and publishing activities, work in literary archives and museums, and various other public institutions and organizations), in which practical application of the acquired knowledge is required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Victorian Novel and its Contemporary Transformations
- Cultural Studies
- Linguistic Pragmatics
- Postcolonial Studies and Literature
- Literature and Philosophy: Madness
- Graduate Research Paper Writing
- Theory of Language for Specific Purposes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 5 other Masters in Linguistics in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor in Humanities (philology, linguistics, literature, culture) or an equivalent qualification obtained at the institutions of Higher Education
- Bachelor in Humanities (other study fields) or in Social Sciences provided that the curriculum included at least 15 ECTS of compulsory or elective subjects in linguistics, literature or culture.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The Grand Duchy of Lithuania Scholarship
- Tuition fee waivers and scholarships to apply before studies
- Scholarships to get during the study period
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.