If you would like to register and go into practice as a music therapist, this inspirational new masters course is the ideal route to success.
- Achieve your ambitions on the only course of its kind in the Midlands and North of England
- Choose an innovative Music Therapy programme from University of Derby which places music and musicianship at the heart of your learning and focuses on an integrative approach to practice
- Integrate theory with practical experience: you’ll spend a significant amount of your time on placement
- Learn from our experienced and enthusiastic tutors who continue to practise professionally as music therapists
- Broaden your perspectives through inter-professional learning with other arts therapists
- Benefit from our flexible and convenient study modes so that you can balance your learning with your other commitments
- Join a department with a longstanding reputation for high-quality training in therapeutic arts
Music therapy is a rapidly evolving discipline and profession. Music making and shared musical experiences are increasingly recognised as valid ways of helping people to address social, emotional or physical difficulties.
It paves the way to rewarding careers in a wide range of health, social care and community settings. It could also give you a firm foundation if you would like to work on a self-employed or freelance basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music and Musicianship in Practice
- Music Therapy Clinical Placement
- Arts Therapies Theory and Research in Relation to Practice
- Music Therapy Experiential Group 1
- Arts Therapies Independent Scholarship: A Body of Work
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 38 other Masters in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants for the programme must hold a first degree (2:2 or above) in a relevant subject, or have significant relevant experience or equivalent qualifications.
- They will also need to demonstrate sufficient experience of working in a setting which addresses the needs of individuals with, for example, emotional or mental distress, specific learning needs or developmental difficulties.
- Additionally, they will need to demonstrate appropriate musical ability and skills in musicianship, together with the emotional robustness and intellectual capacity to cope with the demands of the programme.
- All prospective candidates who meet the basic entry criteria will attend a selection day to assess their suitability for the programme and their preparedness for the intensive nature of the training.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
UK fee: £950 per 20 credits
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.