- The accredited MSc will meet, in part, the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Accredited MSc graduates who also have a BEng (Hons) accredited for CEng will be able to show that they have satisfied the educational base for CEng registration
- This programme has currently been accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Prepare for management and leadership roles, especially in the engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain fields
- Tailor your studies to match your needs, whether you are an experienced engineering professional looking to move into management or a recent graduate exploring your career options
- Draw on our close links with local industries and professional bodies which ensure our teaching is both contemporary and relevant
- Keep up to date with the latest thinking in areas ranging from advanced manufacturing technologies and computer simulation to enterprise resource planning and supply chain management
- Benefit from a variety of teaching methods which give you the flexibility to study at a time and place most suitable for you
The Strategic Engineering Management programme from University of Derby develops a wide range of knowledge and job-related skills that employers are seeking in many industries, including the manufacturing and service sectors.
On completion of your studies, you will be able to make a significant contribution to organisational success and will be well equipped for a variety of management and leadership roles, especially in the engineering, manufacturing and supply chain fields.
Career opportunities include:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Application Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Team Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Independent Scholarship
- Research Methods: Application and Evaluation
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Environmental Risk and Responsibility
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Enterprise Systems and Project Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesStrategic Management Engineering Management View 174 other Masters in Engineering Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Derby and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You will normally need an appropriate engineering or science undergraduate degree (2:2 or above) or an equivalent professional qualification or significant industrial and professional experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7850 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
UK fee: £875 per 20 credits (Full-time/Part-time)
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.