The programme in Materials Science and Technology at University of Tartu provides knowledge of theoretical principles of materials science, testing and investigation methods and development and design of materials. Students' development projects are done in cooperation with scientific laboratories where they also perform the experimental part of their master’s thesis.
CareerGraduates can work as specialists developing materials in manufacturing enterprises or research institutions and laboratories. They have knowledge and skills to start and run new small and medium businesses handling with materials. Graduates are able to continue their studies at doctoral level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Materials Science module
- Theoretical Principles of Materials Science
- Development of Materials I: Classes of Materials and Composites
- Development of Materials II: New Materials and Design
- Testing and Investigation Methods in Materials Science
- Master's Seminar in Materials Science
- Entrepreneurship Module Technology Entrepreneurship Basic Course
Hele Siimon PhD, Programme Director
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Technology Management View 3 other Masters in Physics in Estonia
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification (must be obtained by the end of July) in science, technology, or engineering, encompassing at least 45 ECTS in mathematics, physics, chemistry, materials science or engineering
- English language proficiency
- the average grade of the previous study level (yields 30% of the final score)
- the score of the motivation letter (yields 30% of the final score)
- interview (yields 40% of the final score)
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tartu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.