Bioengineering supports the fast growing fields of industrial biotechnology and circular bioeconomy that are expected to become the key solutions for the humanity’s goal to achieve biosustainability of our planet. There is also a growing need for specialists in bioengineering as industrial biotechnology and synthetic biology will be the basis of industrial revolution of the 21-st century.
The Bioengineering programme is an interdisciplinary curriculum which combines different fields of applied biotechnology, synthetic biology, engineering and information technology.The main aim of the programme is to educate specialists with skills and knowledge that will help them to find jobs and contribute to the success of various companies working in the field of industrial or medical biotechnology, circular bioeconomy, bioprocessing etc.
The graduates will have understanding and practical experience covering the main industrial bioprocesses, fermentation, design of biological systems, industrial biotechnology, and biomedical technologies.
The curriculum emphasises practical training, and provides internships in various companies that are active in biotechnology and biomedical technology.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureBase module (24 ECTS):
- Synthetic Biology and Industrial Cell Factories (6 ECTS)
- Metabolic Engineering and Genome Design (6 ECTS)
- Molecular, Cell and Tissue Engineering (6 ECTS)
- Omics (6 ECTS)
- Drug Design and Development (3 ECTS)
- Environmental Biotechnology and Sustainable Bioeconomy (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to Data Science (6 ECTS)
- Machine Learning in Synthetic Biology (3 ECTS)
- Development and Application of Biomaterials (3 ECTS)
- Nano and Micromedicine (3 ECTS)
- Soft Robotics (3 ECTS)
- Molecular Mechanisms and Applications of Microbial Processes (6 ECTS)
- Practice (6 ECTS)
- Seminars in Bioengineering (6ECTS)
- Specialty Practicum (9ECTS)
- Synthetic Biology Group Project (3EAP)
- Cultivation and Fermentation Practical Course
- Biotechnology Practical Course in Collaboration with Enterprise “Icosagen”
Elective module (12 ECTS)
Optional courses (6 ECTS)Master’s thesis (30 ECTS)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology Molecular Sciences
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in the natural and exact sciences or in the field of medicine
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition waivers and monthly stipends available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.