This Dental Surgery programme at the University of Malta is aimed at producing Dental Surgeons who are trained sufficiently in dental science, and are able to work with other dental and health care professionals in the health care system (both public and private).
In addition the Dental Surgeon will be prepared for life-long learning and continuing professional development that is essential in the modern professional world.
The programme provides a broad knowledge and understanding of the following:
- application of basic clinical sciences
- information handling
- clinical reasoning and judgement
- clinical information gathering
- treatment planning
- treatment procedures
- health promotion
- attitudes, ethics and legal responsibilities
- personal development
- the role of the dentist within the Health Service and the Community
Career opportunites and access to further studies
The degree enables the successful candidate to practice dentistry both in private practice and in institutional settings. It provides an entry level degree allowing progress to postgraduate studies. Fields for postgraduate study include areas of research in all fields of dentistry (leading to Master’s or Doctorate-level degrees), as well as clinical postgraduate training in any of the dental specialties such as:
- Restorative dentistry
- Oral surgery
- Oral medicine/pathology
- Paediatric dentistry
- Dental Public Health
- Dental Radiology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Head and Neck Anatomy for Dental Students
- Clinical Orientation for Dental Students
- Anatomy, Histology and Physiology of the Oral Cavity
- Health Informatics and Statistics
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Dental Biochemistry
- Physiology for Dental Students
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, National
- Introduction Week
- Opening Ceremony
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry View 5 other Masters in Dentistry in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must satisfy the General Entry Requirements for admission, namely, the Matriculation Certificate and Secondary Education Certificate passes at Grade 5 or better in Maltese, English Language and Mathematics.
Applicants must also satisfy the following Special Course Requirements:
- passes in the Matriculation Examination at Advanced Level at Grade C or better in Biology and Chemistry and
- a pass in the Matriculation Examination at Intermediate Level at Grade C or better in Physics,
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26000 EUR per year and a duration of 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.