You can choose to take the Strategic Communication path, where you concentrate on contemporary communication, social theory and how critical issues develop, or the Marketing Communication path, where you’ll explore how advertising, public relations, promotions and direct marketing combine to create effective marketing communication strategies.
This course is especially suited to senior communication managers looking to develop their skills and will prepare you for opportunities in commercial, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Study a Master of Communication at University of Canberra and you will:
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of human communication processes and environments
- become confident in using a range of social research methods relevant to strategic or marketing communication
- demonstrate critical thinking and vision to address mid to long-term strategic communication issues
- become confident in counselling senior management on strategic communication and possess the ability to lead teams within organisations
- link communication research, planning, implementation and evaluation to organisational strategic plans
- apply your understanding of communication theories towards a major research project.
- Communications manager
- Marketing manager
- Marketing strategist
- Brand manager
- Advertising account director
- Marketing consultant
- Communication strategist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication and Information Project
- Marketing Communication Principles
- Principles of Strategic Communication
- Social Research
- Public Relations Practice
- Industry and Community Engagement (Internships)
- Networks and Social Media
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Studies View 46 other Masters in Communication Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University Admissions Committee.
- Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Communication can articulate into the Master's program with credit for the 8 units completed.
- Students who have completed the Graduate Certificate in Communication may apply and receive credit for the 4 Graduate Certificate (level G) units.
- In making an offer to an applicant, the University will give consideration to a range of factors including English proficiency, academic record and/or employment experience.
- CRICOS Code: 103874D
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National20000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.