In addition to undertaking active scientific research, the faculties are continuing to investigate significant issues faced by the engineering industry in the country in both public and private sectors (e.g. Telecommunications, Systems, Gas Processing, Biomedical Engineering and Energy).
This on-going activity has resulted in a strong partnership between the Department and the industry.
Mission of the program
The mission of the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering program in the College of Engineering at Qatar University is to prepare students for careers in private and public sectors and for advanced level in research that leads to high scholarly achievements, and advanced knowledge. The major emphasis of the program is to foster a deeper understanding of the engineering research process and learn the professional skills.
- The structure of the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering program is unique, as it helps the engineers become more effective technical specialists, and strengthens their ability to lead people and projects.
- Conducting original research is an important goal of a Master program study in the College of Engineering, Qatar University. Research provides a type of education not available through classroom teaching.
- The Master of Science in Electrical Engineering program is designed to enhance students' competencies in contributing to the existing body of knowledge and to innovation and creation of new knowledge. Students are expected to equip themselves with strong theoretical and methodological foundations and to develop their ability to independently conduct research.
- Completed a Bachelor degree in engineering or related field with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of 4.00 from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent in that country.
- Achieved a minimum score of 68 in TOEFL iBT or equivalent test taken within 2 years of the start of the intended semester of admission.
- Passing an interview with the College's admission panel. The panel may request additional bridging course(s).
International8244 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 458 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National8244 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 458 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- National and International Students: 2000 QAR
Living costs for Doha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.