The mission of the Master of Science in Civil Engineering program in the College of Engineering at Qatar University is to prepare students for careers in private and public sectors and for advanced level in research that leads to high scholarly achievements, and advanced knowledge. The major emphasis of the program is to foster a deeper understanding of the engineering research process and learn the professional skills.
The structure of the Master of Science in Civil Engineering program is unique, as it helps the engineers become more effective technical specialists, and strengthens their ability to lead people and projects. Conducting original research is an important goal of a Master program study in the College of Engineering, Qatar University. Research provides a type of education not available through classroom teaching. The Master of Science in Civil Engineering program is designed to enhance students' competencies in contributing to the existing body of knowledge and to innovation and creation of new knowledge. Students are expected to equip themselves with strong theoretical and methodological foundations and to develop their ability to independently conduct research.
Program ObjectivesThe Master of Science in Civil Engineering program is a challenging and rewarding way of study for a higher degree. Graduates of the Master of Science in Civil Engineering program will be able to fulfill most of the following educational objectives (Obj):
- Obj1: Act professionally and ethically in a modern work environment through effective communication and leadership, and responsible teamwork.
- Obj2: Maintain the desire for innovation and engagement in lifelong learning in response to emerging technologies, social developments, and contemporary issues.
- Obj3: Conduct research and present results in scientific forums and contribute to the advancement of the scientific body of knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transportation Studies
- Professional Applications for Management
- Structural Analysis & Design
- Fluid Mechanics & Water Engineering
- Geotechnical Analysis & Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction
- Completed a Bachelor degree in engineering or related field with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of 4.00 from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent in that country.
- Achieved a minimum score of 68 in TOEFL iBT or equivalent test taken within 2 years of the start of the intended semester of admission.
- Passing an interview with the College's admission panel. The panel may request additional bridging course(s).
International495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- National and International Students: QR 2000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.