The Environmental Engineering master program at Qatar University will equip the graduate students with a firm science foundation related to the environment, engineering design and problem solving skills required to address contemporary environmental issues at a time where natural resources are heavily utilized.
The environmental engineering master program curriculum is designed to benefit both practicing engineers and those contemplating pursuing a research oriented career.
Environmental engineering training offers the graduates opportunities to work in several domains of environmental protection. The major areas include air pollution control and abatement, industrial hygiene, hazardous waste management, toxic materials control, water supply, wastewater management, storm water management, solid waste disposal, public health, soil remediation and land management. Within each of these major categories are many sub-specialties.
The degree will enhance prospects for potential employment in Governmental bodies (Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Works), national and international industries located in and outside Qatar (eg: hydrocarbon (processing, refining and petrochemicals)as well as service and utility providers among others. Also, potential employment opportunities exist in consulting companies as well as in research institutions.
Program Objectives:Graduates of the Master of Environmental Engineering program will:
- Contribute to sustainable development in their respective employment sectors such as industry and governmental agencies;
- Take an active role in their continuous professional development to enable the state of Qatar to build the knowledge-based economy emphasized in QNV2030;
- Promote ethical and professional standards in their careers with respect to the duty of care towards the environment and sustainable development.
- Contribute to environmental, societal, economic and technological needs to address the challenges of the knowledge-based economy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy Systems
- Cleaner Production,
- Water Engineering.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Completed a Bachelor degree in Engineering or Applied science with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of 4.00 from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent institution in that country.
- Passing an interview with the College's admission panel. The panel may request additional bridging course(s).
International495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- National and International Students: QR 2000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.