The Engineering Management program at Qatar University is fundamentally different from MBAs. MBA programs are designed to help prepare people for management roles while focusing on general business and managerial aspects rather than leveraging the technical background. However, in today's world, corporations also demand managers with strong technical backgrounds.
The structure of the EM program is unique as it helps the engineers become a more effective technical specialist and strengthens its ability to lead people and projects.As a specialist, the engineer becomes more effective through understanding how his or her engineering skills can best support the goals of the organization and its customers.
In addition, the trained engineering manager becomes uniquely qualified for two types of positions: management of technical functions and the management of broader functions in the high-technology enterprise. The world trend in graduate education suggests that MBA and EM programs are not supplementary but complementary to each other.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- System Engineering Principles
- Management of Technology
- Building Quality Organisations
- Industrial Systems and Environment
- Integrated Logistics Support Management
- Risk Management and Feasibility
- Engineering Economic Strategy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Qatar
- Completed a Bachelor degree in Engineering or Applied science with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of 4.00 from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent institution in that country.
- Passing an interview with the College's admission panel. The panel may request additional bridging course(s).
International495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- National and International Students: QR 2000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.