This Development Studies programme at City University of Hong Kong is designed for:
Graduates from disciplines of relevance to Development Studies, including:
- Asian Studies
- East and Southeast Asian Studies
- International Studies
- Political Science
- Public and Social Administration
- Sociology, including Applied Sociology
Bonus FeaturesStudents will acquire the ability:
- To undertake the analysis of current development issues
- To investigate practical problems using a comparative methodology
- To plan, manage and monitor development projects
- To communicate and collaborate with partners from other countries
- To apply acquired knowledge and skills in a variety of work settings
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories and Approaches in Development Studies
- Project Planning and Management for Development
- China and the Developing World
- Politics & Social Movements in Developing Asia
- Comparative Development in Asia
- Cutting-edge Cases in Development under Late Capitalism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled.
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development View 3 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements and have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline of the social sciences or in a humanities discipline relevant to development studies from a recognized tertiary institution or an equivalent qualification.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in other fields who possess advanced experience in relevant professions will also be considered. A first degree in a social science or humanities subject would be an advantage.
- One or more years of working experience in a development-related field would be an advantage.
International928 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 928 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National928 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 928 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- National and International: HK$7,200 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.