The Master of Science in Aquaculture at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) gives you broad and interdisciplinary strength and specialisation in subjects of your choice. We offer courses in fish breeding, fish nutrition and planning and design of aquacultural plants, and you will get insight and knowledge about how those components/factors affect the effectiveness of production and influence the economic yield.
The study starts with introduction courses in:
- health care and water quality
- the fundamentals of genetics and breeding
- fish nutrition
- practical and theoretical aspects of fish production and technology
The aim of the study is to give the students broad practical and theoretical knowledge in different fields, before they complete their master thesis within a focus area, which can be chosen from fish breeding, fish nutrition, production technology or another area of interest, e.g. water or product quality. The master thesis project is normally taken over one year, and offers great flexibility in terms of project type and location.
- Molecular Genomics
- International Economics
- Environmental Pollutants and Ecotoxicology
- Animal Breeding Plans
- Introduction to Animal Production and Fish Farming in Developing Countries
- Fish Processing Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesAquaculture & Fisheries View 7 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in Norway
- Bachelor degree that includes minimum: 60 credits biology, 10 credits mathematics, 10 credits chemistry/physics and 10 credits statistics courses. Please note that students with a former master degree from NMBU will not be prioritized.. English at a level equivalent to the requirements set by the TOEFL test or similar, with results approved by NMBU.
- Copy of foreign passport or ID card
- Documentation of upper secondary school
- Documentation of higher education
- Courses to be completed
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of financing
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.