The Master’s degree consists of two programs: Network Technology (NET) and Digital Media (DM).
Those pursuing the Information Technology (Digital Media, Network Technology) program at Carleton University will cover the design, management and operation of computer networks. They will develop research skills through courses and a project framework. DM students will focus on areas dealing with the development of content and technology for entertainment, education and communication. We also offer a specialization in Data Science to our DM students.
Research & Career Options
Research opportunities in the school have direct application to the industry and can lead to many fascinating careers in areas such as:
- Digital Media: Media production (movies and commercials), new educational technologies, the gaming industry, natural human-computer interaction methods, digital media for healthcare, and exhibitions for national museums and government or organizations requiring digital media content and technologies.
- Network Technology: Network security and privacy, cellular mobile networks, cloud computing, the Internet of Things and Apple iPhone networking subsystems.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Analytical Methods for Information Technology
- Information Technology Seminars
- Planning and Design of Computer Networks
- Cross Layer Design for Wireless Multimedia Networks
- Designing Secure Networking and Computer Systems
- Cloud and Datacentre Networking
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 30 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Canada
- Networking (master’s): An undergraduate degree in network technology, electrical engineering, computer science, engineering, or a closely-related discipline.
- Digital media (master’s): An undergraduate degree in one of the related three primary disciplines of Technology (e.g. computer science/engineering and information technology), Content (e.g. design, arts and humanities), and People (e.g. psychology, communication and business). Intermediate undergraduate-level computer programming skills are required as proper technical background.
International15058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15058 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6590 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: $6,590 – $8,388
- International: $15,058 – $21,448
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.