The Design MDes program at Carleton University enables graduates to positively affect the greater integration of design principles, methodologies and interdisciplinary design development processes into private and public sector business practice. The School of Industrial Design provides a collaborative graduate studio space, a sensor lab and prototyping labs.
- Ottawa, as a capital and the hub of high tech industry of Canada, is an ideal place to study industrial design. More than 70,000 people are employed in the region’s 1,700 high tech companies, government sectors and worldclass government research and development laboratories, many of whom engage with our MDes students on a regular basis.
- This includes the Natural Research Council (NRC) Canada, the National Capital Commission (NCC) and IBM, as well as various medical institutions and a multitude of federal and private museums in the national capital region. Many career opportunities are just down the road, positioning our graduates to play a strategic role in championing design in a variety of enterprises, including academic institutions.
- Directed Studies in Industrial Design
- Interdisciplinary Design Development Seminar
- Design Research Methods
- Interdisciplinary Design Development Studio
- Accessibility and Inclusive Design Seminar
- Special Topics in Industrial Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 48 other Masters in Design in Canada
- A bachelor’s degree in a design discipline, or the academic equivalent, with at least a B+ standing.
- Applicants with a designrelated background, without a professional degree in design, will be required to demonstrate significant links between their academic background and professional experience working with designers in the design development process.
International18463 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18463 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6657 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6657 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.