Our degree programs in Civil Engineering are jointly taught with the University of Ottawa through the Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Civil Engineering (OCICE). The MASc and PhD programs at Carleton University require the completion of a thesis while the MEng is predominately course-based with the option of a research project.
Our location in the nation’s capital allows for proximity to and collaboration with the National Research Council Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Environment Canada, Heritage Conservation Directorate, Canada Green Building Council, Parks Canada and many heritage sites including the Parliament Buildings, Rideau Canal, Royal Canadian Mint, etc. Career opportunities are just around the corner.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Deep Foundations
- Dam Engineering
- Adsorption Separation Process
- Site Improvements
- Pile Dynamics
- Behaviour of Soil and Rock
- Soil Plasticity
- Numerical Methods for Geotechnical Engineering
- Mechanics of Unsaturated Soils
- Offshore Geotechnique
- Ice Mechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 41 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Canada
- An honours bachelor’s degree, or academic equivalent, in civil engineering or a related discipline, with an average of B+ or higher in discipline specific courses, and overall average of B- or higher.
International15058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15058 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National6590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6590 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: $6,590 – $8,388
- International: $15,058 – $21,448
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.