During this Emergency and Disaster Management program from CQUniversity Australia , you will draw on the interdisciplinary nature of emergency and disaster management to explore current and emerging trends and national and international approaches, as well as the key concepts and perspectives that underpin contemporary practice. You will be introduced to the fundamental concepts and frameworks that underpin the effective management of emergencies and disasters while developing your skills in analysing research to play a role in the contemporary practice of emergency and disaster management. The course also covers topics in crisis communication and disaster risk reduction.
In the Graduate Certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management, you will study a suite of four core subjects and then have the opportunity to tailor the context of your assessment to the workplace context of interest to your career. This will see you enhancing your career advancement opportunities as a specialist in your chosen area being highly employable in the emergency services in Queensland and all Australian states and territories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Research for Emergency and Disaster Management
- Building Adaptive Capacity
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Human Factors in Complex Systems
- Managing People, Organisations and Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Emergency & Disaster Management View 6 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must hold:
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certificate IV or Diploma from the Public Safety, Health or Police Training Package; with a minimum 3 years’ experience within the emergency and disaster management field*; or
- A completed AQF equivalent Diploma in any discipline; with a minimum 3 years’ experience within the emergency and disaster management field*; or
- A completed AQF equivalent Bachelor degree, in any discipline, or higher equivalent qualification; or
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the emergency and disaster management field
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15360 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15360 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.