This innovative Human and Applied Physiology MSc at King's College London is delivered by internationally renowned experts and will put you at the cutting edge in your understanding of the field.
The course will give you a theoretical and practical basis for explaining the functioning of the muscular, respiratory and cardiovascular systems at rest and during exercise. You will explore the effects of extreme environmental conditions on whole body physiology, including in relation to aerospace and military medicine.
- The original and foremost course in human and applied physiology in the UK
- Unique exposure to human physiology applied to aerospace and military medicine offered only by King’s
- Training in a wide variety of relevant practical laboratory skills
- Gain a knowledge base of human physiology particularly relevant for careers in biomedical research and medicine
- Lectures from world-leading experts in a variety of different fields
Career prospectsOur graduates go on to careers in academic teaching and research, medicine, clinical physiology, health services, sports science support, and research posts in industry or in Ministry of Defence research establishments.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Skeletal Muscle Function and Plasticity: from movement to molecules
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiology: from rest to exhaustive exercise
- Aerospace and Environmental Physiology
- Library Project in Human & Applied Physiology
- Research Project in Human & Applied Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiology View 944 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum 2:1 in a biomedical Science, Physiology, Medicine or Sport Science related subject.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic. Professional references will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International29310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29310 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14070 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14070 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.