Physics students from University of Regensburg enjoy the advantages of our faculty as there are:
- excellent support of the students from 25 professors and numerous scientific faculty members and tutors.
- various courses of study, focussed on different topics. A Regensburg speciality is our research course which aims to promote students in approximately 7 years from the begin of their studies to their Ph.D. degree.
- excellent scientific reputation (national and international), with two Collaborative Research Centers and manyfold research collaborations with national and international funding.
- and last but not least the ambience of Regensburg, a UNESCO world cultural heritage.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Surface Physics
- Semiconductor Physics, Low-Temperature Physics, Magnetism, Light Matter Interaction
- Physics of Nanostructures; Computational Physics
- Quantum Electrodynamics, Quantum Chromodynamics, Quantum Field Theory
- Quantum Theory of Condensed Matter
- Nonlinearity in Classical and Quantum Physics
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for our Master programme you are required to hold a Bachelor degree in Physics or a similar degree with at least the grade "good" (or comparable, as e.g.: B; Cr; second-class honours; Honour Class II; GPA 2.7-3.3).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
In Bavaria there are no tuition fees.
Living costs for Regensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.