The aim of the Master of Physical Therapy at the Gulf Medical University is to provide a challenging and rewarding educational experience that enables students to develop as competent, evidence-based and patient-centred physiotherapy practitioners, capable of making a valuable contribution to the workplace.
It is a two year (39 credits) program, spanning four semesters and accredited by Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), UAE.
This program provides an opportunity for students to learn through didactics, problem-based learning, team-based learning, online learning, skill labs, evidence-based clinical physiotherapy practice and an independent research project which leads to successful completion and the award of MPT degree.
- Private practice
- Sports facilities
- Public health organizations
- Community centers
- Aged-care facilities
- Pursue higher education and research career
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Therapy in Musculo Skeletal Conditions
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy in Systemic and Psychosomatic Disorders
- Patho- Mechanics and Kinesiology
- Exercise Physiology and Nutrition
- Physical Therapy in Neurological Disorders
- Physical Therapy in Pediatric Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Admission process is initiated in the month of November for each academic year (Aug – Sep). Once the allotted seats are filled, registration will be closed.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physical therapy from an accredited University in the UAE or equivalent one from outside the UAE.
- Distinct undergraduate performance of GPA of 3 on a 4-point scale, or equivalent grade (“B”)
- A Valid license to practice Physiotherapy issued from MoH / DHA / HAAD
- Applicants should provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the Paper-Based test, or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA).
- Native speaker of English who has completed his / her undergraduate education in an English-medium institution and in a country where English is the official language are exempted.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.