The aim of the Master of Physical Therapy program from Gulf Medical University is to provide a challenging and rewarding educational experience that enables students to develop as competent, evidence-based and patient-centred physiotherapy practitioners, capable of making a valuable contribution to the workplace.
It is a two-year (39 credits) program, spanning four semesters and accredited by Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), UAE, offered by College of Health Sciences, GMU, located at Al-Jurf, Ajman, Thumbay Medicity campus.
This program provides an opportunity for students to learn through didactics, problem-based learning, team-based learning, online learning, skill labs, evidence-based clinical physiotherapy practice and an independent research project which leads to successful completion and the award of MPT degree.
MPT program received initial accreditation in May 2013. The primary clinical training center for the MPT program is Thumbay Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Hospital located in Thumbay Medicity with state-of-art research facilities was inaugurated in 2017. The first cohort of students were registered in September 2018.
Physical Therapy Career options
- Clinical career not limited to acute care, outpatient clinical setup, Rehabilitation Hospitals, Nursing facility, Home Health, Hospice, Government federal facilities, Sport clubs, Fitness industries.
- Work in the education sector as teacher, lecturer in school and colleges and also as sport and activity physiotherapist.
- Work in the community sector as Rehabilitation manager, Rehabilitation coordinator for various international health agencies, Tech Startup/Entrepreneur, NGOs, Rehabilitation supply companies and Telehealth setup.
- Work as clinical scientist in Government and Private Sport Centers, Sports Agencies, Hospitals, and Research Institutions and Laboratories.
- Progress your career with Ph.D in specialties of Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation and Health Sciences.
accredited by Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), UAE
- Physical Therapy in Musculo Skeletal Conditions
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy in Systemic and Psychosomatic Disorders
- Patho- Mechanics and Kinesiology
- Exercise Physiology and Nutrition
- Applicants shall meet all admission criteria for entry into the higher education programs offered by the University, as laid down in the Standards (2019) published by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy from an accredited University in the UAE or equivalent one from outside the UAE.
- Distinct undergraduate performance of minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent grade.
- The Applicant must have proficiency in spoken and written English.
- A Valid license as a Physiotherapist issued from MoH / DHA / HAAD, UAE is preferable
International15896 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15896 EUR per year during 24 months.
National15896 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15896 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.