The Photonics study program at the Munich University of Applied Sciences conveys extensive physical-mathematical knowledge combined with individual elective modules. The lectures are complemented by numerous internships and a project work. The focus is on teaching practical skills for working in an optics / photonics laboratory.
The accredited study course leads to its own scientific work and concludes with the Master of Science (M.Sc.). This degree opens up the possibility for a subsequent doctorate, for example as a cooperative doctorate in one of the research laboratories at the department.
The master's degree improves your career prospects. Researchers are offered the opportunity of subsequent doctoral studies. The innovative strength of photonics affects almost all branches of industry. Due to the cross-sectional nature, career opportunities in many areas, such as:
- Laser technology
- Measuring and sensor technology
- Optical communication technology
- Lighting design
- Life Sciences
- Optics and optical design
- Micro and fiber optics
- Opto-electronics and electronics
- Information technology and data based communication
- Sensor, measurement-, safety technologies and comfort management
- Laser technology and materials processing
- Medical technology
- Micro- and nanotechnology
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 86 other Masters in Physics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- Official Transcript of Records in English or German from your home university
- Copy of Bachelor or Diploma certificate
- If you live and study in a country where English is the main language, you do not have to provide any kind of language certificate.
- If your study programme is solely taught in English, please provide official confirmation of that (e.g. a letter from your home university).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
- No tuition fees
- However: Student Union fee (75,00€) and a fee (67,40€) for the student public transportation pass (per semester)
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.