The interdisciplinary master's course of study Biotechnology and Bioengineering offered by Munich University of Applied Sciences is focused on the interface between natural and engineering sciences. This course of study not only provides a thorough grounding in biological processes and their technical application, it also offers a wide spectrum of engineering science, the tools and methods which make it possible for graduates to achieve professional success in many career fields. Such fields include the areas of bioprocess technology, bio-medicine and bio-pharmaceuticals.
The interface between the individual areas of research and development, between production marketing as well as sales is becoming ever more important. The integration of complex systems composed of such subsystems in biology, engineering and IT has become increasingly relevant. Graduates of this course of study have the competence to master these complex tasks.
Thanks to a growing need for professionals in the life-sciences sector, this course of study opens the door for graduates to outstanding future oriented careers. The pharmaceutical, chemical and bioengineering sectors as well as the health industries are all markets in need of this program's graduates
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell Culture and Biotechnology
- Process Engineering
- Dynamical Simulation
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biotechnology View 30 other Masters in Biotechnology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- Official Transcript of Records in English or German from your home university
- Copy of Bachelor or Diploma certificate
- If you live and study in a country where English is the main language, you do not have to provide any kind of language certificate.
- If your study programme is solely taught in English, please provide official confirmation of that (e.g. a letter from your home university).
- We cannot accept TOEIC or TOEFL ITP!
International1790 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1790 EUR per year during 18 months.
National1790 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1790 EUR per year during 18 months.
- €1,790 for students coming from non-partner universities and a reduced fee of €1,650 for students coming from partner universities.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.