The main academic aims of the program are:
- the deepening of knowledge in specialized fields of legal science with theoretical and practical importance, as well as
- the broadening of the understanding of legal science and of its implementation in a comparative European and International context. The program explores the function of national law and its interrelation with European and International Law.
The methods of interpretation and of the application of law are analyzed in a practical context, while emphasis is given both to the theoretical parameters and practical implementation, with an overall view to enhancing the capacity of students to confront current challenges and problems, especially those they may be encountered in the European and International environment, either in the field of commerce and entrepreneurship, or in the field of human rights and social justice.
Students are given the opportunity to engage in academic research and the application of legal practices and models, gaining well-founded specialization in legal fields of particular importance.
The Law (Distance Learning) program from University of Nicosia mainly, but not exclusively, addresses itself to individuals who work or intend to do so in fields relevant to legal science: lawyers, judges, legal consultants or in general employees of companies and of other private sector entities or organizations, members of the public service or of some other public or semi-public agency or organization, members of non-governmental organizations, diplomats etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applications of European Law
- European Comparative Law and Policy
- Legal Research and Methodology
- Public Procurement Law
- Energy and Environmental Law
- Competition Law
- Finance and Credit Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM)
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum general requirement for admission to the post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university. More specifically for the LLM; prospective students should be holders of a Bachelor degree in Law or in another relevant field
Additional entrance requirements that applications for the LLM should fulfill/satisfy:
- Two recommendation letters, by persons who know the applicant
- Personal letter/Statement of research interest by the prospective student, expressing his/her interest in following the programme, sketching out his/her research profile and mentioning his/her expectations from the programme, regarding his/her personal development and professional perspectives
- Proficient knowledge of English (see below)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA6300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.